The first industry-backed Academy
The AITC x Protech Academy will train and educate young people (starting in Year 10) to become apprentices and trainees of the highest calibre, tailored specifically for big industry.
Based in Brisbane (Spring Hill), the Academy is for those in Year 10 who have a big ambition to work on large-scale construction sites with multimillion-dollar projects – the high achievers in hi-vis. It will provide deliberately different, industry-driven education, training, and technical expertise to young people who are still in school, to work with Tier 1 organisations in traineeships and apprenticeships.
National recruitment and training organisation Protech Group first started working with the AITC 18-months ago, placing nine school-based trainees on a major infrastructure project.
At the AITC x Protech Academy you will benefit from –
- Starting an industry career with a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship before graduating Year 12
- Expedited early access to large-scale construction sites and employment opportunities with renowned industry organisations
- Unique flexible schooling with a mix of classroom learning, work experience, training and employment
- Contextualised education, training and coaching to meet Tier 1 industry’s aptitude and end requirements
- Exposure to safety standards and best practice for construction
- Development of their character, values and employability skills required for a long and successful career.
Join the industry Academy in July 2022 (Term 3)!
The first 6 months of the Academy will include an intensive work-readiness program that includes self-directed learning and exposure to key elements of big industry through tours, technical training, and shadowing.
This is where young people build on their character, skills, and competency to commence their school-based traineeship or apprenticeship in Year 11 in the areas of auto (heavy), engineering, civil and construction (for work and plumbing).
In Year 12, young people refine their industry field and continue to earn and learn, having completed up to 45% of their school-based apprenticeship or traineeship by graduation.
You won’t see anything like it in Queensland and there’s no better way for a young person to get a head start than with the AITC x Protech Academy.
Now accepting Year 10 enrolments to start in July!
Register for a tour to learn more – Register Now
AITC CEO, Mark Hands and Protech Managing Director, Marc Meili